Medication and counseling alone is not enough. Recovery requires different tools for different people and the best outcomes occur when people have access to a variety of services.
The Life Change Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has been providing recovery services for heroin and prescription medication abuse concerns since 1999. We offer a variety of services to help people to make the changes necessary to beat their drug addiction.
The emphasis of our recovery program is based on two primary themes; empowerment and improving quality of life. We have a talented group of staff members with expertise in recovery from opioid addictions.
Heroin and prescription pain killer abuse has increased to epidemic rates, and alarmingly high rates among young people. The problem is growing and the social costs are skyrocketing.
In response to this epidemic, researchers have shown that the rates of recovery without any treatment at all are around 20%. Yet, medication assisted treatment models exceed 55% drug free. Medication assisted treatment models have been the best practice for treating opioid addictions since the models were first introduced in 1968.
The recovery program of The Life Change Center takes medication assisted treatment one step further, and includes specialized counseling in addition to medication and case management.
The success rate of The Life Change Center is currently at 75%. Yes, 75% overall and 87% of the individuals seeking help have been able to stop using opioids within the first 60 days.
Click the button below to learn more.
At The Life Change Center, we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff. Our counselors are experts in the area of heroin and prescription medication addictions, and our counselors love their work. Our medical and administrative staff are experts in addictions in their own right.
Through their years of working with the people we serve, their training on recovery and their role in the team approach they provide incomparable service and insight.
MSW, LADC, MBA
Executive Director, Counselor
Operations Director/Interim Sparks Site Director
Medical Director & Licensed Physician
Workforce Development Director
- Keanu Carmean BA, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- April Casey LPN Nurse
- Stacy Dermody CPRSS Peer Recovery & Support Specialist/Health & Safety Officer
- Jesse Fredzess MSW, LADC Grant Manager/Counselor
- Vicki Lillegard MA, LCADC, LMFT Strengthening Families Program Therapist
- Cindy Mancuso BA, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Sarah McGill LCADC, LCSW Clinical Director
- Ayla Miller BA, BS, CADC Assistant Site Director
- Michelle Moreno MA Medical Assistant/Receptionist Supervisor
- Jonathan Perry RN Nurse
- Neida Ramirez-Alaniz MA Medical Assistant/Receptionist
- Johnathan Saderland CPRSS Peer Recovery & Support Specialist Supervisor
- Lesli Schneider LPN Nurse
- Mary Smith BSW, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Marilyn Stephan LPN Nursing Supervisor
- Serena Timoszyk MS, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Bryan Wildman MA, PADC Counselor (Provisional)
- Kaitlyn Witt BA, PADC Grant Manager Assistant/Counselor (Provisional)/Health & Safety Officer
- Aurora Zarate-Colima MA Medical Assistant/Receptionist
- Charlie Aperule MS, LADC Site Director
- Chelsea Cribbins CPRSS, CCHW Peer Recovery & Support Specialist/Health & Safety Officer
- Cheyenne Fletcher RN Nurse
- Ruth Fox RN Nurse
- Jennifer Gooch RN Nurse
- Maria-Secilia Madera-Muñoz MA Medical Assistant/Receptionist
- Michael Salonga BA, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Tonya Stone BA, PADC Counselor (Provisional)
- Megan Sullivan BSW, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Gregg Anderson CPRSS Peer Recovery & Support Specialist
- Heather Gonzales BA, CADC Site Director
- Vanessa Mota Receptionist/Health & Safety Officer
- Stephanie Neder LPN Nurse
- Kiara Reyes CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Ryan Rooney BS, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Susan Soller LPN Nurse
- Liz Spandau CPRSS Peer Recovery & Support Specialist
- Cheyenne Sweeney BSW, CADC-Intern Counselor Intern
- Brennan Tica BA, CADC CADC-Intern
- Jewel Williams MA Medical Assistant/Receptionist
- Caren Jaggers DNP, MSN, APRN-C/FNP Nurse Practitioner
- Clarisse Robert APRN Nurse Practitioner
- Megan Seivert APRN, PMHNP APRN
- Dan Snow MD Doctor
- Ryan Zeller DO Medical Director
- Ana Arias Billing Specialist
- Sara Berman BS Full Charge Bookkeeper/Executive Assistant
- John Firestone MSW, LADC, MBA Executive Director
- Steven Hammonds MSW, PADC Workforce Development Director
- Eric Hare MA, CADC Operations Director
- Cheyenne Howell BS Utilization Review Specialist
- Jake Sanford M.Acc, CPA Accountant
- Monica Serrano Billing Specialist
- Liza Stellato Billing Supervisor
Help is just a call away.
130 Vine Street
Reno, NV 89503
Mon-Fri: 6am – 12pm
Sat: 6am – 9am
(closed 10:30 – 11am for lunch)
(intakes Mon and Weds starting at 6am)
4:30pm – 7:45pm Mon-Fri;
Saturday evenings temporarily closed
(intakes Tues and Thurs starting at 4:30pm)
1755 Sullivan Lane
Sparks, NV 89431
Mon – Fri 6am – 12:45pm; Sat 6am – 9:45am
(closed 10:30am- 11am for lunch)
(intakes Tues and Thurs starting at 6:00am)
1201 N Stewart Street
Carson City, NV 89701
Mon-Sat: 6am – 12:30pm
(closed 10:30-11am for lunch)
2105 Capurro Way
Sparks, NV 89431
Mon-Fri: 7am – 4pm